PTSA Grant Request Form
In addition to teacher discretionary funds of $100 per teacher per year ($150 per new teacher) the PTSA has additional funds for grants. The PTSA will consider grants for instructional materials, equipment, special projects, professional development, and almost anything that will benefit students. You may request funds via the form below.
Evaluation criteria will include:
- Benefit to students and number of students impacted.
- Amount of request and available PTSA funds.
- Availability of funding from other sources.
- Past grants awarded and grants requested by others.
A few guidelines:
- All grant money awarded must be spent during the PTSA's current fiscal year, which ends June 30th, i.e. use it or lose it.
- In order to have maximum benefit for CMS students, non-consumable materials purchased with PTSA grant money should be shared with other teachers when reasonable (e.g. books shared with other teachers or book room). This does not apply to things that will be permanently located in your classroom. We encourage teachers to team up and submit grant requests together.
- Books, materials and equipment purchased with PTSA grant money should remain at Culbreth if the teacher or staff member requesting the grant leaves the school.
- PTSA grant funds are limited this year. If a grant is requested for items that are traditionally paid for with district resources, the PTSA will expect you to first pursue funding through the district, then request funds from the PTSA only if the principal or district is not able to fund your request.
The PTSA will consider grant requests four times per year.
Please submit your grant request no later than the Thursday afternoon before the Tuesday meeting date, so that we will have time to follow up with you if there are questions. We will gather as much information as possible in advance to keep the meeting short. If possible, you should come present your grant during the PTSA meeting. If you have a conflict during this time, please let us know and we can have a PTSA board member present the grant on your behalf. Grant consideration dates are:
- Tuesday, October 2, 1 p.m. (Submission deadline, Thursday, September 27)
- Tuesday, November 13, 1 p.m. (Submission deadline, Thursday, November 8)
- Tuesday, February 5, 1 p.m. (Submission deadline, Thursday, January 31. Teacher discretionary funds not spent by January 31 will be moved to Grants.)
- Tuesday, May 7, 1 p.m. (Submission deadline, Thursday, May 2. On this date, we will allocate any left over grant money, but it must be spent by June 30, the end of our fiscal year. If you need things for the beginning of next school year, this is the time to request those grants.)
Evaluating multiple grants at once will help us allocate funds where they will have the greatest positive impact. Immediately after each meeting, the PTSA will let you know if your request was funded, partially funded, denied or deferred. A grant request may be deferred if the PTSA would like to fund it but resources are currently limited. We recommend submitting requests as early as possible. If your request is deferred, it will be automatically considered on the next date.